SOFTWARE SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. UMODEL USER'S GUIDE WITH CASE STUDIES
The manual is written to serve as a guide for the transportation planning analyst in the use of the program UMODEL. The manual assumes a basic knowledge of transportation planning and assumes that program documentation is available which will serve as the primary reference for applying program UMODEL. UMODEL is written with a built-in travel demand model which can be applied without any need for user coded subroutines. The manual demonstrates methods for use which may aid the analyst to heuristically apply UMODEL for forecasting trips and evaluating transportation system alternatives. The report is divided into two sections. The first section describes the default model and contains a general description of program UMODEL and discusses program formats and potential output files and reports. Six case studies illustrate its application. For the reader who wishes to know what program is and what it can do, this first section should suffice. The second section describes methods of application and uses a comprehensive series of case studies to illustrate these methods. Each case study includes a description of the problem to be solved and a list of the input data, necessary subroutine(s) and a listing of the complete UMODEL run.
- See also PB-237 089.
Pratt (RH) Associates, Incorporated10400 Connecticut Avenue
Kensington, MD United States 20795
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Schultz, G W
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 342 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Forecasting; Mathematical models; Passenger transportation; Planning; Software; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management; Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer systems programs
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00145585
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0050-76-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-20020
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM