TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FOR THE LOWER PENINSULA AREA OF VIRGINIA. VOLUME I. MAIN REPORT
This program is a detailed analysis and five-year operations plan for mass transit in the Lower Peninsula area of Virginia which includes James City County, York County, Williamsburg, Newport News, Poquoson, and Hampton. The report examines the characteristics and adequacy of existing transit service and community attitudes toward public transportation. A recommended transit system is outlined, describing route alignments and frequency of service; the capital investment needed to sustain the system is defined; the five-year revenue/cost implications of the program are described. In addition, a marketing program aimed at making transit more attractive to all residents is defined. Finally, a plan for activities required to monitor, maintain and update the Transit Development Program is set forth.
- Also available in set of 2 reports as PB-258 200-SET, PC$10.75/MF$5.00.
Simpson and Curtin, Incorporated1405 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19102
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Benefit cost analysis; Cities; Cities and towns; Communities; Counties; Economic conditions; Investments; Level of service; Marketing; Mathematical prediction; Operations; Programming (Planning); Public opinion; Public relations; Public transit; Regional planning; Revenues; Routing; Surveys; Systems analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Geographic Terms: Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic surveys; Marking
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00145580
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SIMCUR-375-F, UMTA-VA-09-0007-74-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1981 12:00AM