This document is a translation of a French manual on tunneling. The manual was written to provide a source of information as associated with highway tunnel construction and to provide a guide in the design and construction of highway tunnels. The manual consists of a summary description and four volumes, which are outlined in the summary. Permission to translate the manual was obtained from the issuing agency in France by the Federal Highway Administration in November, 1973.
- Translation of Monograph "Dossier Pilote des Tunnels," Lyons, May 70, by Robert J. Matthews. (PC A24/MF A01).
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 552 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Construction management; Costs; Excavation and tunneling; Geological surveying; Manuals; Structural design; Translations; Tunneling; Tunnels; Vehicular tunnels; Ventilation systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Tunnel design
- Geographic Terms: France
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Finance; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00145561
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-76-40
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM