FREQUENCY DOMAIN COMPUTER PROGRAMS FOR PREDICTION AND ANALYSIS OF RAIL VEHICLE DYNAMICS. VOLUME I. TECHNICAL REPORT
Frequency domain computer programs developed or acquired by TSC for the analysis of rail vehicle dynamics are described in two volumes. Volume I defines the general analytical capabilities required for computer programs applicable to single rail vehicles and presents a detailed description of frequency domain programs developed at TSC in terms of analytical capabilities, model description, equations of motion, solution procedure, input/output parameters, and program control logic. Descriptions of programs FULL, FLEX, LATERAL, and HALF are presented. TSC programs for assessing lateral dynamic stability of single rail vehicles are also described.
- Record URL:
- (PC A06/MF A01) Also available in set of 2 reports as PB-259 286-SET, PC E99/MF E99.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Perlman, A B
- DIMASI, F P
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programming; Computer programs; Dynamic loads; Dynamic tests; Dynamics; Needs assessment; Power spectra; Rail (Railroads); Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Ride quality; Stability (Mechanics); Train track dynamics; Vehicle dynamics; Wheels
- Non-Preferred Terms: Power spectral density; Spectral density; Spectral energy distribution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Dynamic response; Lateral dynamics; Lateral pressure; User needs
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00145556
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-FRA-75-16.I Final Rpt., FRA/ORD-76/135.I
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM