URBAN TRANSPORTATION DECISION MAKING. SUMMARY
The report is one in a series encompassing ten monographs and a summary. Together they describe the transportation decision process in a number of major cities in the U.S., Canada and Western Europe, and interpret this information in such a way as to derive observations and conclusions useful in the identification of progressive transportation decision-making institutions. The monographs contain largely descriptive information and cover the following cities: United States: Atlanta, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Miami/Dade County, Seattle; Canada: Toronto, Montreal; Europe: Hamburg, Manchester and Leeds, Stockholm and Gothenburg, Amsterdam. Interpretive and analytical information is confined largely to the Summary and Conclusion volume.
- See also PB-257996.
Tufts UniversityDepartment of Civil Engineering
Medford, MA United States 03824
Office of Policy, Plans and International Affiars400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Colcord, F C
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 187 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Foreign; Governments; Metropolitan areas; Planning; Policy; Public transit; Rapid transit; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Canada; Europe; Florida; Georgia; Minnesota; Netherlands; Sweden; United Kingdom; Washington (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00145531
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OST-TPI-76-02-01 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30036
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1981 12:00AM