RURAL TRANSPORT. INFORMATION FROM R.C.C'S - WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE?
The purpose of this document is to disseminate information about new ideas, experiments, schemes, etc., concerning public transport in rural areas. Examples of schemes being tried are post buses, school buses, minibus, car schemes, works buses carrying fare paying passengers, railway re-openings, etc. The report is arranged alphabetically by rural community council, and for each such council, brief details are given of type of transport scheme, where it is operating, by whom, and with what success. Also briefly mentioned are any surveys conducted in the rural communities which have helped to establish a new transport scheme or project. /TRRL/
National Council of Social ServiceLondon, England
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Commodities; Freight traffic; Information dissemination; Minibuses; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Rural areas; Schools; Traffic counting stations; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 283: Freight; 1144: Operations (transp network); 744: Public transport; 328: Rural area; 101: School; 1084: Stop (public transport); 8119: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00145399
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1981 12:00AM