A COMPUTER-ASSISTED METHOD FOR OPTIMIZING ROUTE PROFILES
The report describes an heuristic approach to estimate the cost of constructing a route along a given path. Specifically, a computer program is developed to perform cost computation for a given road profile, taking into account the earthwork as well as elevated structures and tunnels. The user inputs the trial profiles, the constraints, and the changes. Use is made of a time-sharing remote terminal so that the user can interact with the computer to manually perform the optimization. The program performs all cost calculations, accepts data and modifications, edits road profiles and prints out diagnostics when necessary. (Author)
- Report on High-Speed Ground Transportation Systems Engineering Study.
TRW Systems GroupOne Space Park
Redondo Beach, CA USA 90278
- Publication Date: 1969-12
- Pagination: 89 p.
- Accession Number: 00039191
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 06818-W004-RO-00 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-C-353-66
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1973 12:00AM