COMPUTATIONAL METHODS FOR THE PREDICTION OF TRUCK PERFORMANCE IN CURVES
Characteristics of guidance forces and vehicle parameters for models of curving performance are examined. Methods for computing forces and response of rail vehicles on curves are surveyed. The advantages and limitations of each techniques are discussed and computational procedures appropriate to entry and steady curving are indicated.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, New York, N.Y., December 5, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Perlman, A B
- Publication Date: 1976-12-5
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Car wheels (Railroads); Flanges; Force; Mathematical models; Rail (Railroads); Ride quality; Steering; Suspensions; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Wheel flange forces
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00145154
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 76-WA/RT-15 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM