PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING. 1975-1976 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE: LOCOMOTIVES
This report covers motive power designs that have been delivered, and developments undertaken in the survey period of September 1, 1975 to September 1, 1976. Data and photographs for six new diesel locomotives, six electric locomotives, and six train sets are presented. Electrification plans on a world-wide basis are also discussed.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, New York, N.Y., December 5, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Baker, P H
- Schulze, F W
- Publication Date: 1976-12-5
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Electric locomotives; Electric power conditioning; High speed rail; Locomotives; Multiple unit cars; Multiple unit trains; Railroad electrification; Technology; Turbotrains; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00145147
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 76-WA/RT-6 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM