DEVELOPMENT OF A REAL TIME COMPUTER ORIENTED LOCOMOTIVE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
The problems associated with the optimization and management of the maintenance of a large fleet of diesel electric locomotives are reviewed, and the development of a computer oriented program to direct maintenance is discussed. The program involves a real-time computer and program coupled with an interactive terminal network to direct and monitor maintenance activities at each shop. Present use of the program and further capabilities now under development are outlined.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, New York, N.Y., December 5, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Lee, J L
- Publication Date: 1976-12-5
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Diesel electric locomotives; Diesel engines; Forecasting; Information processing; Information storage and retrieval systems; Locomotives; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Management information systems; Planning; Service life; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle performance
- Identifier Terms: Seaboard Coast Line Railroad
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive maintenance; Locomotive performance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00145143
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 76-WA/RT-10 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM