PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (1975-1976 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE) CARS AND EQUIPMENT
This survey of the annual ASME report covers some of the major developments in freight and passenger equipment made public in the last calender year. It also covers developments worldwide as well as domestic. In the freight area, the main developments aimed at the transport of bulk commodities and unit trains with some thought being given to increased speeds. The passenger developments are continuing in LRVS, Rapid transit, and commuter transport.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, New York, N.Y., December 5, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- MANOS, W P
- Publication Date: 1976-12-5
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter cars; Freight cars; High speed rail; Light rail vehicles; Multiple unit cars; Open top cars; Passenger cars; Rapid transit cars; Technology; Unit trains; Vehicle components; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Car components; Car design; Freight car design; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00145141
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 76-WA/RT-12 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 1 1982 12:00AM