THE WISCONSIN STATE RAIL PLAN
This plan is to satisfy requirements of Federal and state legislation and is to make the state eligible for federal rail assistance. Subject to continual modification, the plan is to guide allocation of funds for maintenance and for improvement of rail service. There are 10 Chapters: Introduction: Purposes of the Wisconsin Rail Plan; Wisconsin Rail System; Goals and Policies for Wisconsin Rail Transportation; Rail Passenger Services; Rail Freight Services; Lake Michigan Ferries; Eliminating Urban Rail Conflicts in Wisconsin; Branch Line and Lake Michigan Car Ferry Analysis Methodology; Results of the Branch Line and Lake Michigan Car Ferry Ranking Analysis; Guidelines for Continued Rail Planning. In appendices the data and techniques used in rail planning are detailed.
- This plan was funded in part by the FRA and the Upper Great Lakes Regional Commission.
Madison, WI United States 53707-7910
- Publication Date: 1976-8-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 245 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Economic development; Ferries; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Governments; Maintenance of way; Passenger transportation; Planning; Policy; Railroad transportation; State departments of transportation; States; Subsidies; Traffic forecasting; Traffic managers; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Industrial development; Shippers
- Geographic Terms: Wisconsin
- Old TRIS Terms: Car ferries; Government planning; Government policies; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00145134
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM