CURRENT YIELD IN REGULAR AND HIGH RATES AS WELL AS AT THE PASSAGE OF A LARGE NUMBER OF TRAINS
TOKOSEM PRI OBYCHIYKH I V'SOKIKH SKOROSTIAKH DVIZHENIIA, A TAKZHE PRI BOL'SHIKH MASSAKH POEZDOV
USSR Railways evaluates the effectiveness of current collection by the sparking, the heating of the pantograph inserts, and mainly the rapidity of the wear of the contact wire and the pantograph inserts. At any speed the wear of the contact wire and current collector inserts may be of the followint types: Molecular-mechanical; abrasion; contactless electric arc erosion; electric explosion contact erosion. Some methods of overcoming the wear may be counterproductive for either the wire or collector. At high speeds electric arc erosion is the primary type of wear. Various other wear and current collection problems are discussed. One of these is the provision of adequate supply for locomotives drawing high currents.
- Complete translation available.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Contact wire; Electric power generation and transmission; Electric power supply; Heating (Structures); Pantographs; Railroad electrification; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power collection
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00145131
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM