AIR BRAKE SYSTEM TRENDS FOR THE 80'S
The air brake system of the 1980's will evolve from the present design because of forces acting on the vehicle manufacturer through the government, the trucking industry and the component industry. Changes will occur to improve safety/performance, maintenance, vehicle efficiency, reduce noise and maintain vehicle compatibility. All of these factors will dictate the cost effective designs of the 1980's.
- Prepared for the West Coast Meeting of the Society of Automotive Engineers, August 9-12, 1976, San Francisco, California.
Bendix CorporationHeavy Vehicle Systems Group
Elyria, OH USA 44035
- Koenig, J P
- Kreider, R D
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Air brakes; Automobile industry; Cost effectiveness; Vehicle components; Vehicle design; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00145104
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760587
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM