SIOUX CITY--WOODBURY COUNTY ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROJECT. ANNUAL REPORT
During 1975, the Sioux City - Woodbury County Alcohol Safety Action Project continued impacting on the reduction of alcohol-related fatalities in the project area. During baseline years, 1969, 1970, and 1971, 51.5% of the highway fatalities were alcohol related. These casualties represented over eleven lives per year, as compared to 1975, the reporting period, which recorded only eight alcohol-related fatalities out of a total of 22 highway fatalities. These eight alcohol-related fatalities represent a continued reduction in the number of alcohol-related fatalities since the ASAP program started in Sioux City and Woodbury County. The period from July 1, 1975 through December 31, 1975 represented a six month period that the operational aspects of the ASAP program were not federally funded. During this six month period, the project was funded through state and local sources and continued at a much lower enforcement and judicial performance level than previously. Even with reduced patrolling and the reduction of emphasis on ASAP aspects, there was only one alcohol-related fatality during this period. These last six months of 1975 also produced fewer fatal accidents than normal with six. As with previous reports, the alcohol-related fatalities and non-alcohol-related fatalities do not represent a statistically large enough number to show any major impact in this area without examining other data.
- Sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Sioux City-Woodbury County Alcohol Safety Action ProjectSioux City, IA United States
- Frampton, K J
- Publication Date: 1976-5-30
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 171 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholism; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Fatalities; Police patrol
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00145087
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-163-2-256
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 2003 12:00AM