FIRST REPORT ON STATUS AND PROGRESS OF NOISE RESEARCH AND CONTROL PROGRAMS IN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: VOLUME 2
Issued in compliance with Section 4(c)(3) of the Noise Control Act of 1972 (PL 92-574), this report describes Federal noise control and research activities and establishes a baseline of agency program information that may be used in subsequent years to assess progress in the Federal Government's noise control efforts. Thirty-nine Federal agencies were requested to submit information on their noise related activities to EPA. Volume I of the report contains a summary and assessment of reported activities which are described both by agency and by the following functional areas: noise standards and regulations, noise abatement, hearing conservation, technical assistance, and research. Volume II consists of four reports describing Federal agency noise research, development, and demonstration programs in the areas of surface vehicle noise, aviation noise, noise effects, and machinery noise. The reports include project descriptions and fiscal data and were prepared jointly by the membership of four interagency research panels, formed in 1974 by EPA.
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Noise Abatement and Control
Washington, DC USA 20460
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 602 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Demonstration projects; Development; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Machinery; Noise control; Research; Technical assistance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Research and development
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00145086
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA 55019-75-023 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM