HIGHWAY NOISE BARRIER SELECTION, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCES. A STATE OF THE ART REPORT-1975
Factors which affect a noise barrier selection process are reviewed, the lateral placement and safety aspects are discussed, and the variety of materials from which noise barriers may be fabricated are considered. Construction costs are covered as well as the different levels of noise attenuation which could be expected from different barrier types. The degree of community acceptance, barriers with special acoustical properties, and the design, construction and maintenance of earth berm, timber and other barrier types are detailed. Experiences are described related to earth berm, timber, metal, stucco, concrete, concrete block, precast concrete block, and combination barrier types.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Snow, C H
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 193 p.
- TRT Terms: Berms; Building materials; Concrete; Construction; Costs; Earth; Highways; Lateral placement; Metals; Noise barriers; Precast concrete; Safety; Social values; Timber
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Finance; Highways; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00145044
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 76-8
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM