ESSENTIALS OF MATERIALS SCIENCES
This textbook covers aspects of the internal structure of materials (the atomic basis, crystalline structure, uses occur within solid materials. The deformation of materials, the electrical, magnetic and optical behavior of materials, and phase transformation in materials and detailed. The strength and structural changes in materials at high temperatures are reviewed as well as the fracture and the deterioration of materials. The substantial technical content is presented in the following format: everyday examples and impormput experiments; self-checks; problems; and review questions. A glossary is provided as well as an appendix on SI units (basic and derived). Dual values are shown on many figures and conversion factors are given in the body of the text.
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY USA 10036
- Guy, A G
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 468 p.
- TRT Terms: Deformation; Deterioration; Electrical properties; Fracture mechanics; Magnetic properties; Manuals; Materials; Optical properties; Systems of measurement; Temperature
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fracture; Internal structure
- Old TRIS Terms: Phase diagrams
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00145043
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM