OPEN-HEARTH STEEL RAILS OF R75 AND R65 TYPES FOR WIDE-GAUGE RAILWAYS. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS. GOST 8160-63
REL'SY ZHELEZNODOROZHNYE SHIROKOI KOLEI TIPOV P75 I P65 IZ MARTENOVSKOI STALI, TEKHNICHESKIE TREBOVANIIA GOST 8160-63
The Standard deals with R75 and R65 wide-gauge rails, made from open-hearth, fully-killed steel. Rails of the R65 type with stepped-up strength, from alloy carbon steel and hardening on the whole length, are produced according to special technical conditions. The chemical composition of steel is indicated in the Table. Technical specifications describe mechanical, physical and chemical requirements of both types of rails. In the first sort are included rails conforming to the requirements of this standard. To to second sort belong rails which have several divergencies: in chemical composition, in temporary resistance during stretching, in bending deflection, and in dimensions exceeding admissible deflections, indicated in corresponding GOSTs; finally, according to fine cracks, not exceeding a depth of 3 mm, and 1 mm in the middle third of the rail flange. Testing and marking procedures are described.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
USSR Council of MinistersState Committee for Standards
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Alloy steel; Fatigue strength; Metal hardening; Metal heating; Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Specifications; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heat treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail design; Rail hardening; Rail steel metallurgy
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144474
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM