CRUSHED BOULDERS AND PEBBLES FOR RAILROAD BALLAST. GOST 7393-71. OFFICIAL PUBLICATION
SHCHEBEN IZ VALUNOV I GAL'KI DLIA BALLASTNOGO SLOIA ZHELEZNODOROZHNOGO PUTI. GOST 7393-71. IZDANIE OFITSIAL'NOE
The Standard deals with gravel obtained from crushed boulder and pebbles. Its use is controlled by active standards (SN and P), and by the "Conclusions on conducting planned-and-preventive maintenance of the upper track structure, earthen roadbed, and artificial structures of USSR Railroads". The number of grains in the mass should not be less than 70% of the total. Depending on the indexes of mechanical strength, obtained in tests on the braker PM, gravel is classified as U-75; U-50; and U-40. According to indexes obtained in abrasion tests in a ball mill, gravel is classified as I-15; I-30; and I-40. Water absorption should not exceed 1.5% of dry gravel mass. The crushed stone should not contain any clay, vegetal layers, nor other impurities. Rules of acceptance, and testing methods are described. Transportation and storing of gravel are specified.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
USSR Council of Ministers for Constr MattersMoscow, USSR
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Ballast (Railroads); Gravel; Specifications; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast specifications
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144472
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM