TECHNICAL CONDITIONS, ASBESTOS BALLAST FOR RAILROAD TRACK TU-32TSP-254-72 (REPLACING THE TEMPORARY TECHNICAL CONDITIONS FROM 1963) EFFECTIVE 1/1/1973
ASBESTOVYI BALLAST DLIA ZHELEZNODOROZHNOGO PUTI. TEKHNICHESKIE USLOVIIA TU-32TS.P.-254-72 (VZAMEN VREMENNYKH TU OT 1973G) SROK VVEDENIIA S 1/1/1973G
The Standard deals with the tailings of asbestos production in the Bazhenovsk and Dzhetygarinsk asbestos deposits, which contain small amounts of certain minerals and of free unsorted fibers of chrysolito asbestos. These tailings are called asbestos ballast. This type of ballast is comparable with broken stone ballast in conformity with the standards and rules (SN and P). Asbestos ballast is applicable for railroad tracks if it contains grains of various dimensions from 25 to 0.1 mm (Table 1). Water absorption of sepentinite in asbestos ballast should not exceed 1.5% of the total mass. The ballast should be free of clayey pieces, soil and other admixtures. Percentage contents of grains of various dimensions are calculated. Water absorption and frostproof quality are determined according to GOST 8269-64. Acceptance procedures and testing methods as well as rules concerning transportation and storing are described.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Ballast (Railroads); Gravel; Specifications; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast specifications
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144470
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM