SHELL ROCK FOR RAILROAD BALLAST-GOST 7395-70. OFFICIAL PUBLICATION
RAKUSHKA DLIA BALLASTNOGO SLOIA ZHELEZNODOROZHNOGO PUTI-GOST 7395-70. IZDANIE OFITSIAL'NOE
The Standard deals with shell rock, consisting of whole and broken shells, used for railroad ballast. Its use is controlled by active standards (SN and P), and by "Conclusions on conducting planned-and-preventive maintenance of the upper track structure, earthen roadbed, and artificial structures of USSR Railroads". Technical specifications provide for the contents of particles of the following dimensions: 0.5 mm - not less than 50%; 0.1 mm - not to exceed 6%; in this not more than 1.5% of clayey particles. These percentages are calculated from different formulae, according to size. The method of calculating the percentage of clayey particles is described. The coefficient of permeability should be not less than 30 mm per 24 hours. If necessary, the control of above calculations is made using the areometric method. Rules of acceptance and testing methods are described, as well as transportation and storing procedures.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
USSR Council of Ministers for Constr MattersMoscow, USSR
- Publication Date: 1970
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Ballast (Railroads); Gravel; Specifications; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast specifications
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144469
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM