CRUSHED STONE FOR RAILWAY BALLAST GOST 7392-70. OFFICIAL PUBLICATION
SHCHEBEN'IZ ESTESTVENNOGO KAMNIA DLIA BALLASTNOGO SLOIA ZHELEZNODOROZHNOGO PUTI GOST 73-70. IZDANIE OFITSIAL'NOE
The Standard deals with gravel from natural stone, obtained by crushing rock for ballast in railroad tracks. Gravel has to be used in accordance with active standards, rules (SN and P), and the "Conclusions on conducting planned-and- preventive maintenance of the upper track structure, earthen roadbed and artificial structures of USSR railroads." The gravel is classified depending on the size of grains into groups, which should correspond to data on Table 1. Technical requirements are enumerated, and rules of inspection and of tests are described. The gravel grains can have dimensions from 5 to 25 mm. Number of grains with dimensions of 25 to 40 mm cannot exceed 5%, grains with dimensions of less than 5 mm cannot exceed 5%, and particles of less than 0.1 mm is size cannot exceed 2% of the total mass of gravel. According to indexes of mechanical strength, obtained in impact resistance tests, gravel is classified as marks U-75; U-50; and U-40. Water absorption should not exceed 1.5% of the mass. Rules of acceptance and methods of testing are described.
- State Standards Nos. GOST 7392-70, 7394-70, 7395-70 are all under one cover in the original text. Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
USSR Council of Ministers for Constr MattersMoscow, USSR
- Publication Date: 1970
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Ballast (Railroads); Gravel; Specifications; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast specifications
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144467
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM