TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESSES OF THE REPAIR OF CONTINUOUSLY WELDED RAIL ON CONCRETE TIES
TEKHNOLOGICHESKIE PROTESSY REMONTA BESSTYKOVOGO PUTI NA ZKELEZOBETONNYKH SHPALAKH
This set of instructions spells out the standard procedures for the maintenance of track consisting of continuously welded rail on concrete cross ties. It describes 17 types of maintenance involving undercutting, ballast cleaning, track raising, track lining and complete renewal. The renewal process, utilizing prefabricated track panels, is described.
- Table of Contents only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 314 p.
- TRT Terms: Compaction; Concrete; Concrete ties; Maintenance of way; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Soil compaction; Tamping; Thermal stresses; Track panels; Welded rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast cleaning; Panel track; Rail thermal stresses; Tampers; Track maintenance equipment
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144465
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM