SUPPLEMENTARY REPORT TO FEASIBILITY STUDY FOR A WHEEL-RAIL DYNAMICS RESEARCH FACILITY
This supplement to PB 182 472 deals with: (1) the trade-off considerations in extending the simulation capability of the wheel-on-roller design to lower speeds and sharper curves, and to more precise simulation of general system behavior; (2) the methods of implementation of the various simulation schemes and/or the method of compensation and constraint in lieu of such simulation; (3) the relative merit of electromechanical drive versus hydraulic drive systems, and some considerations in tractive and braking performance associated with the electromechanical drive-system selected; and (4) stress and deflection considerations of the diaphragm-coupler and the roller systems, their compliances, and how they relate to total system compliance and system performance.
- Supplement to report dated Dec 68, PB-182 472.
General American Transportation,
- Publication Date: 1969-10
- Pagination: 146 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; High speed rail; Rail (Railroads); Research and educational facilities; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Research facilities
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00039167
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: DT-7-35363
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1976 12:00AM