This book describes the arrangement of railroad track, its roadbed and superstructure, designation and design of track elements: the ballast layer, rails, ties, rail fasteners, switches; set forth are the peculiarities of track arrangement on bridges and in tunnels; described are the interconnection and interaction of track and rolling stock, connection and intersection of tracks; set forth are technical specifications and norms for track maintenance and their basis. The book has been approved by the main administration educational institutions of the Ministry of Railroads in the capacity of a textbook for technical schools of railroad transportation and can be used as a manual for track-maintainers and builders.
- Table of Contents only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Tchernyshev, M A
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 347 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Curved track; Design; Gage (Rails); Maintenance of way; Manuals; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Structural design; Subgrade (Pavements); Textbooks; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Design criteria; Switches; Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: Track gauge
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144462
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM