INSTRUMENTED INSPECTION OF RAILROAD RAIL QUALITIES
INSTRUMENTAL'NYI KONTROL KAHESTVA ZHELEZNODOROZHNYKH REL'SOV
This proceedings includes the following reports: The effect of metallurgical defects on the reliability of rails; On the effect of operational factors on removal of individual rails as affected by manufacturing defects; Ultrasonic inspection of the micro- and macro-structure of rail metal; Inspection of the depth of the surface hardened zone of rail; The effect of rail steel composition on its magnetic properties; Factory testing of a magnetic hardness tester; Nondestructive testing of hardened stock rail; Magnetic testing of the qualities of surface-hardened switch points; Modernization of facility for continuous testing of rail hardness; Automatic devices for testing curvature of rails; Magnetic testing of end distortion of rails; Method of detecting surface defects on rail flanges; Testing qualties of rail metal at French steel mills; Instrumented methods of evaluating the impact strength of rails; Testing rails by measuring deformation and destruction; Research on rail testing towers.
- Table of Contents only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Alloy steel; Crash tests; Defects; Detection and identification; Electromagnetic properties; Fluxes; Inspection; Metal hardening; Metal heating; Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Switches (Railroads); Test facilities; Testing; Ultrasonic tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heat treatment; Magnetic flux; Rail flaw detection
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail hardening; Rail steel metallurgy; Switch points
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00144460
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM