STUDIES CONDUCTED BY TS,N.I.I. (CENTRAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE) FOR IMPROVING THE RELIABILITY OF RAILS
RABOTY, PROVODIMYE V TS.N.I.I. PO POVYSHENIIV NADEZHNOSTI ZHELEZNODOROZHNYKH REL'SOV
To assure the integrity of track structures, thermal rail hardening has become standard practice on USSR railways. Additional work is now being conducted in improving rail steel metallurgy, on countering the effects of wheel/rail contact forces and on rail designs. In addition to these efforts, the Ministry of Transport, Department of Rail Economy, has prepared specifications on other components intended to improve the reliability of the track structure. There follows a listing of 39 State Standards for rail ballast, crossties, rail fasteners, rail joints, switch points, frogs, and wood preservatives.
- Complete translation is available.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Bibliographies; Metal hardening; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Rail joints; Rail steel; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Specifications; Structural design; Wood preservatives
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail design; Rail hardening; Rail steel metallurgy; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144459
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM