GENERAL COURSE AND PRINCIPLES ON TECHNICAL OPERATION OF RAILWAYS
This book describes the basic technology of railways: Track and structures; locomotives and cars; automation; remote control and communications; power supply for electrification; classification yards; loading methods; equipment maintenance and operations. The theory of railway transport and of train operation is explained. Rules and standards for operation of USSR railways are described, aimed at insuring safe, reliable transportation. The book has been approved as a textbook for technical high schools of railway transport.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 368 p.
- TRT Terms: Industry structure; Operating rules; Textbooks; Training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00144458
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM