A METHOD FOR THE MEASUREMENT AND ANALYSIS OF DYNAMIC LOADS
METODIKA IZMERENIIA I ANALIZA DINAMICHESKIKH NAGRUZOK, DEISTVUIUSHCHIKH NA PUT'
Experimental research on the dynamics of roadbeds and rolling stock serves to establish permissible speeds and loads for rolling stock. As a method for such experimental research SZD has adopted a complex analysis of both rolling stock and fixed plant. This paper describes the experimental track sections; the basic responses characterizing the action of rolling stock on rails, ties, ballast and subgrade; and the methods for measuring the responses of the track structure. Extensive use of strain gauges is necessary for the dynamic measurements. Other types of instrumentation for deflection and deformation are also described.
- Complete translation is available for reference. Contact Technology Planning Officer, Office of Research and Development, Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. DOT.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Car wheels (Railroads); Dynamics; Force; Instrumentation; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Strain gages; Stresses; Test tracks; Testing; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Track response investigations; Track stress
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00144457
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM