TIMBER CROSSTIES FOR WIDE-GAUGE RAILROADS GOST 78-65, GROUP K23-OFFICIAL PUBLICATION
SHAPALY DEREVIANNYE DLIA ZHELEZNYKH DOROG SHIROKOI KOLEI GOST 78-65 GRUPPA K-23 IZDANIE OFITSIAL'NOE
Three types of wooden crossties for wide gauge railroads are produced, depending on their designation: I - for main tracks; II - for station and approach tracks; III - for lightly used tracks of industrial enterprises. According to cross-section configuration, crossties are of two types: A (trimmed) - cut on four sides; B (non-trimmed) - cut on two opposite sides only. Their dimensions are given in Table 1. The moisture content should not exceed 22% abs. The length of crossties has to be 2750 mm. They are made from the following woods: pine, spruce, fir, larch, cedar, beech and birch. Technical specifications are given in tabular form. The quality of impregnation has to satisfy requirements of GOST 5430-50. Inspection, marking, transportation and storage procedures are described.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
USSR Council of MinistersState Committee for Standards
- Publication Date: 1965
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Creosote; Railroad ties; Specifications; Wood preservatives; Wood ties
- Old TRIS Terms: Creosoting; Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144454
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM