PRESTRESSED REINFORCED CONCRETE CROSSTIES FOR WIDE-GAUGE RAILROADS. GOST 10629-71, OFFICIAL PUBLICATION
SHPALY ZHELEZOBETONNYE PREDVARITEL'NO NAPRIAZHENNYE DLIA ZHELEZNYKH DOROG SHIROKOI KOLEI. GOST 10629-71 IZDANIE OFITSIAL'NOE
The Standard deals with squared, prestressed, reinforced concrete crossties for wide-gauge railroads, standard rolling stock, rails of the P50, R65, and R75 types, and for intermediate rail fastenings of the KB and ZhB types, on straight and curved track sections (with a radius not less than 350 m). The shapes, basic dimensions and types of crossties have to conform to drawings on Table 1. There are two sorts of ties, I and II, according to their quality. Admissible deviations from standard dimensions are given in Table 2. The sloping of the under-tie area has to be 1/20 (within limits for tie I of 1/19 to 1/20, and for tie II of 1/19 to 1/22). Technical specifications and GOST requirements for various types of aggregate, the quality of Portland cement, mechanical stresses in ties, and all construction equipment are described. Acceptance rules and testing methods are described, as well as transportation, marking and storing methods.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
USSR Council of MinistersState Committee for Standards
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete ties; Prestressed concrete ties; Quality control; Railroad ties; Specifications
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144453
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM