POWER-DRIVEN RAIL-WELDING MACHINE PRSM-3. DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS
PUTEVAIA REL'SOSVAROCHNAIA SMOKHODNAIA MASHINA PRSM-3. OPISANIE I TEKHNICHESKAIA KHARAKTERISTIKA
The machine is intended for contact-welding rails of the R43, R50, R65 and R75 types, in a 1520 mm gauge railroad track. Continuous flash-welding with programmed control is used. The machine rests on two four-wheel trailer bogies. The drive consists of four electric traction motors. In the front of the machine are placed two gantry rockers with two jointed cantilever beams, from which electrically operated compound pulleys with welding heads are suspended. An electric 200-KW, 380-V, and 50-Hz A-C power station, located on the machine, feeds the D-C motors through a rectifier. The machine is equipped with automatic pneumatic brakes, and can be either self-driven or handled as a part of a train.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
USSR Ministry of TransportDesign and Technological Construction Bureau
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment; Maintenance of way; Rail (Railroads); Welded rail; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail welding; Track maintenance equipment; Welding equipment
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144452
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM