A TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION OF THE TRACK RAISING, TAMPING AND DRESSING MACHINE VPO-3000
INFORMATSIIU PO TEKHNICHESKOMU OPISANIIU VYPRAVOCHNO PODBIVOCHNO-OTDELOCHNOI MASHINY VPO-3000
The high-efficiency, continuous-operation VPO-3000 machine is designed for integrated one-pass, smoothing, tamping and finishing in all kinds of track maintenance, and in building of new track. It performs simultaneously leveling on the longtudinal profile and on the plane, and also the packing on the slopes. Its functions are based on a continuous vibrational compression of the broken stone, gravel or sand ballast section. Production efficiency is 3000 meters per hour. The machine is operated by a team of eight workers. It is composed of a feed-control apparatus, an electromagnetic lifting mechanism which shifts the track assembly into the desired position. Rail brushes with spring-equipped plows clean the rails. Vibrational compressors, planers of slopes, and a 200-KW, 380-V electric power station, feeding all the motors, on board of the machine, complete the equipment. The VPO-3000 machine is driven by a Diesel locomotive.
- Abstract only is available is English, original untranslated as of December 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Compaction; Maintenance of way; Productivity; Railroad tracks; Soil compaction; Tamping
- Old TRIS Terms: Tampers; Track alignment; Track maintenance equipment
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144450
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM