AIR RIDE TRUCK SUSPENSION
The paper reviews the development of a particular design of truck air spring suspension. It is concluded that such a suspension system has the advantage of enabling the truck driver to have almost the same rider quality whether the vehicle is loaded or unloaded. The system also maintains the chassis at the same height above the axles under all load conditions.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- McLean, A D
- Publication Date: 1970
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Chassis; Riding qualities; Suspensions; Truck drivers
- ITRD Terms: 6714: Air; 1225: Articulated vehicle; 9138: Comfort; 9011: Design (overall design); 9013: Development; 3071: Evenness; 1078: Lock (waterway); 1236: Lorry; 1329: Suspension (veh)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00144437
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #700894
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM