ANA ANALYTICAL PROCEDURE FOR THE SUPPORT OF ROPS DESIGN
An analytical procedure has been developed to fulfill the need for a technical support of the design of well balanced ROPS. The procedure is incorporated in a computer program referred to as SAPROPS by its acronym. SAPROPS performs elastic-plastic, non-linear analyses of space frames by the direct stiffness method. Examples are given to demonstrate effective applications of the program to the design of ROPS for agricultural and earth-moving vehicles. Good correlations between the computed results and the experimental data are shown. A possible enhancement of the analytical procedure is also discussed.
- Proceedings of the Off-Highway Vehcile Meeting, 13-16 September 1976, Milwaukee Wisconsin.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Yeh, R E
- Huang, Y
- Johnson, E L
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Agricultural equipment; Analysis; Computer programs; Earthwork; Elastoplasticity; Rollover crashes; Stiffness
- Uncontrolled Terms: Agricultural machinery; Elastic plastic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical method; Stiffness methods (Structural)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00144421
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760690
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM