TESTING ROPS AND FOPS FOR SAFETY COMPLIANCE
Simplified testing procedures which fulfill the loading requirements of SAE Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) Code J1040a have been developed. Also, a tubular fixture was devised which accurately directs the drop object toward the overhead guard as required by Falling Object Protective Structure (FOPS) Code J231.
- Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Off- Highway Vehicle Meeting, 13-16 September 1976, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Wetjen, R D
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Protection; Rollover crashes; Safety equipment; Test procedures; Tubular structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Protective equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Flying objects
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00144406
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760689
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM