AIR FLOW AND STACK GAS DISPERSION EXPERIMENTS FOR A 270-FT U.S. COAST GUARD MEDIUM ENDURANCE CUTTER (WMEC) REPRESENTED BY MODEL 5349
A project was established at the David W. Taylor Naval Ship R and D Center (DTNSRDC) to assist the U.S. Coast Guard in the evaluation of a design for a 270-ft Medium Endurance Cutter (WMEC). This report documents the Air Flow and Stack Gas Dispersion Experiments requested. Results show improved stack gas flow when the uptakes are raised approximately 21 inches from the original location. (Author)
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD USA 20084
- Oliver, N E
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Emission control systems; Exhaust gases; Smoke; Stack gases
- Old TRIS Terms: Smoke control; Stack gas emissions
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00144361
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-674-03 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM