TRANSPORTATION FACTORS AND THE CANADIAN LIVESTOCK AND MEAT INDUSTRIES
This paper examines transportation factors in the Canadian livestock and meat industries with particular reference to the movements of live animals and meat from Western Canada to Eastern Canada. The first part of the paper gives a general background to the livestock and meat industries and the transport flows. The second part examines specific transport issues related to transport charges levied on grain, livestock and meat.
Canadian Transport Commission275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0N9, Canada
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodity flow; Freight traffic; Grain; Livestock; Rates; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation rates
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00144339
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Report/Paper Numbers: EASB 75-19
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM