POWER COLLECTION. CATENARY/PANTOGRAPH DYNAMICS: DEVELOPMENT OF COMPUTER PROGRAM; VERIFICATION; RESULTS
This report describes a mathematical model and digital computer program to simulate the dynamics of one or more pantographs in contact with and traversing an overhead catenary system. The computer program was written in the Fortran IV compiler language for a GE-635 computer, but it has been adapted to other computers and is generally available to others interested in this subject through the DOT. The report describes the computer program briefly, the work completed to validate the program, and general conclusions about the program's usefulness. The validation of the program included comparison of computed results with data measured on the four car DOT test train at speeds up to about 130 mph.
- Errata sheet inserted.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- Publication Date: 1969-9
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power transmission; Electrical conductivity; Railroad electrification; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Conductor collector dynamics; Power collection
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039155
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-7-35121
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1973 12:00AM