This new work details the history, construction and present activity of the St. Lawrence Seaway system. It contains some 200 photographs, including 16 full-color pages of ships and ports. It is the first volume to be written on the St. Lawrence Seaway since it opened in 1969. It is the very readable story of the struggles to build the Seaway, of how it works today and the political pressures that affect it. There is a look at the major Seaway ports, the maritime organizations and individuals that work for the system, the unique ships that ply its waters and what the future looks like in the decades ahead.
Superior Publishing CompanyP.O. Box 264
Empire, MI United States 49630
- Lesstrang, J
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 216 p.
- TRT Terms: Inland water transportation; Operations; Ports; Shipping
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes; Saint Lawrence Seaway
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00144275
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Superior Publishing Company
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM