BARE PAVEMENT VERSUS SIDE-EFFECTS
This report discusses salt as a deicer and its side effects. This includes the positive effects such as its effectiveness, availability and low cost as well as salt's negative effects such as corrosion of metal, destruction of vegetation, pollution of water and its effects on the road system, especially bridge decks.
Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- Morier, G
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Corrosion; Deicing chemicals; Impacts; Pavements; Vegetation; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway pavement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00144256
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Report/Paper Numbers: News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM