MODERN TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT
This booklet covers some of the highlights in the development of Ontario transportation, beginning with events that led up to the organization of our provincial highway system. The need for an integrated system was one of the results of Ontario's economic and social development, including population growth, the great increase in the number of motor vehicles using our highways, and the need for improving mass transit facilities in the large urban areas of the province.
Ontario Ministry of Transportation & Communic, Can1201 Wilson Avenue
Downsview, Ontario M3M 1J8, Canada
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic development; Population growth; Public transit; Socioeconomic factors; State highways; Transportation; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00144247
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM