THE PROSPECT FOR URBAN MOBILITY
Transportation is but one aspect of urban living, which has a major influence on the development of our urban environment. This paper attempts to trace briefly the historical course of this influence; to conjecture on some of the effects that technology might have on future urban development; to comment on some of the alternatives that current technology offers in urban transportation; and to indicate some of the directions in which urban transport might, and might not, develop. Finally, some tentative conclusions are proferred concerning the approach that needs to be taken if modern technology is to be utilized to the full in improving urban mobility in Canada.
Transportation Development Agency Centre800 rene-Leveque Boulevard West, Suite 600
Montreal, Quebec H3B 1X9, Canada
- Lewis, C B
- Publication Date: 1972-8
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: History; Mobility; Technology; Transportation; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation technology
- Subject Areas: History; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00144239
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM