This report discusses a Dial-a-Bus experiment conducted in the community of Bay Ridges outside Toronto. The objectives of this experiment were: To monitor the Bay Ridges Dial-a-bus experiment; To provide data for a continuing feeder/local bus service for Bay Ridges; To develop demand estimating parameters for a dial-a-bus service in a residential community; To consider the application of the dial-a-bus concept in other residential communities; To establish objectives for further dial-a-bus experiments.
Ontario Ministry of Transportation & Communic, Can1201 Wilson Avenue
Downsview, Ontario M3M 1J8, Canada
- Bonsall, J A
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 117 p.
- TRT Terms: Experiments; Feeder buses; Paratransit services; Public transit; Residential areas; Travel demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Dial-a-bus
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00144205
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM