URBAN CORRIDOR DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM MANHATTAN CBD-NORTH JERSEY CORRIDOR NEW JERSEY ROUTE 3 TRAFFIC DEMONSTRATIONS
The implementation of traffic operations improvements on New Jersey Route 3 is covered in this report. Four traffic demonstratins were conducted: dedicating a mainline lane to entering traffic, closing to entering traffic ramps, and restriping a major merge. This volume is the second in a five-volume set covering the traffic demonstration studies and surveillance and control design for the New Jersey Route 3 Urban Corridor Demonstration Program. Volume I. New Jersey Route 3 Urban Corrdior - Summary; Volume II. New Jersey Route 3 Traffic Demonstrations; Volume III. New Jersey Route 3 Traffic Surveillance & Control - Design; Volume IV. New Jersey Route 3 Traffic Surveillance & Control - Hardware Specifications; Volume V. New Jersey Route 3 Traffic Surveillance & Control - Software Specifications. /FHWA/
- Sponsored by Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Trenton, NJ USA 08625
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Demonstration projects; Highway operations; Traffic; Traffic control; Traffic surveillance; Transportation corridors; Urban growth
- Old TRIS Terms: Urban corridors
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00144139
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: TS-7920 II Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7778
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM