TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT: BIBLIOGRAPHY OF TECHNICAL REPORTS
This document is a bibliography of readily obtainable technical reports on operational transportation improvements. It was prepared to assist in the development of Transportation System Management (TSM) plans as required by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration/Federal Highway Administration urban transportation planning regulations that were issued in Fall 1975, and in the implementation of TSM improvements. (TSM plans are intended to document the local strategy for improving air quality, conserving energy, and improving transportation efficiency and mobility through management of the existing transportation system.) Descriptions and availability information on over 150 reports dealing with low-capital, short-range, or policy oriented urban transportation improvements are included and classified into 9 sections. The first, General, includes transportation management overviews, survey reports on the various operational approaches and strategies for improved transportation efficiency, and demonstration program reports. The remaining sections contain more focused reports in the following areas: Preferential Treatment for High Occupancy Vehicles, Traffic Operations, Parking Management, Transit Improvements, Transit Management, Pooling and Paratransit, Pedestrians and Bicycles, and Transportation Demand Management.
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration and Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Policy and Program Development, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Oram, R L
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Pagination: 149 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Bicycles; Carpools; Data collection; Demonstration projects; Highway operations; Improvements; Near midair crashes; Paratransit services; Parking; Pedestrians; Research; Surveys; Traffic; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation system management; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Near miss collisions (Ground transportation)
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration; Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00144136
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-UPP-L-76-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: UPP-L
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 1 1981 12:00AM