CENTRAL AVALANCHE HAZARD FORECASTING--PHASE I FEASIBILITY STUDY
This report describes the results of a feasibility study comprising Phase I of a Central Avalanche Hazard Forecasting Program for mountain passes in the State of Washington. The report describes existing weather and avalanche data sources, and suggests improvements and additions for improved input to and feedback from a centralized avalanche forecaster's office which will improve avalanche predictions for all passes within the State. WSDH and consultant efforts and results during FY 75 are described, and specific recommendations for Phase II, implementation of avalanche hazard forecasting, are provided. /FHWA/
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by Washington State Highway Commission in cooperation with DOT and FHWA.
Washington State Department of HighwaysHighway Administration Building
Olympia, WA United States 98501
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Avalanches; Forecasting; Hazards; Meteorological phenomena
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological data
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00144120
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-S0552 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: HR-551
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM