This report presents the results of the Phase I study of the locomotive/caboose crashworthiness program and the proposed work for the Phase II investigation. The results of the Phase I study include the mechanics of train impact that lead to override, recommended action to control override and means of protection for locomotives and cabooses.
- Sponsorship was provided by Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Research and Development, DOT.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Tong, P
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Cabooses; Collisions; Crash analysis; Crashworthiness; Energy absorption; Locomotives; Occupant protection devices; Safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Impact protection
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00144090
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OR&D-76-289 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM