FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION. A DIGEST OF TECHNICAL PAPERS. VOLUME I
This volume contains a number of technical papers dealing with intercity freight transportation. Collectively, these systems-oriented papers consider a wide range of subject matter including transportation facilitation, commodity flow, regulation, automatic control, demand modeling, transportation energy, evaluation of innovation, tariff computerization, network analysis and new concepts for freight transportation. In addition to those subjects that deal with the transportation system or process, there are papers that treat specific modal considerations. These include discussion of aerodynamic drag effects on rail piggyback operations, rail freight yard technology review, summary of motor carrier return on investment considerations in a regulated industry, results of pipeline studies and use of simulation for waterway navigation and control.
- Sponsored by the Office of the Secretary, U.S. DOT. See also individual papers: RRIS 17 157943; 18 157944 & 157948; 20 157941, 157942, 157945, 157949; all in Bulletin 7702.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Publication Date: 1976-10-28
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 202 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Classification yards; Commodities; Drag; Energy consumption; Forecasting; Freight cars; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Information processing; Information systems; Management information systems; Motor carriers; Network analysis (Planning); Pipelines; Regulations; Return on investment; Simulation; Slurry pipelines; Statistics; Tariffs; Technological forecasting; Traffic forecasting; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Energy requirements; Freight car investment; Government regulations; Yard and terminal information systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Freight Transportation; Law; Motor Carriers; Pipelines; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00144088
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-77-68 Digest
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM